6th April 2020
Webinars updated 27th May
We are pleased to inform you the following webinars and online training will be hosted by Belfast Met, Belfast City Council, the Department for International Trade, Tourism NI, Google Digital Garage and HMRC.
Fully Funded Courses at Belfast Metropolitan College – Centre for Economic Development and Social Inclusion
Belfast Met is running free tech courses which are fully funded by the Department for the Economy (DfE).
The 25% cost to businesses has been removed until 31 March 2021, to support companies throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. Courses will commence in June 2020 and include;
- Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel 2016 Core
- Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel 2016 Core (Fast track)
- Microsoft Office Specialist – Word 2016 Core
- Cisco Cyber Security Essentials
- Microsoft MTA Security Fundamentals
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering
For more information and to enroll for the fully funded courses contact David Phelan, Dphelan@belfastmet.ac.uk
The further education college is also carrying out free ‘Webinar Wednesdays’ which are based around how businesses can use emerging technology and innovate during the current lockdown.
The next ‘Wednesday Webinar’ entitled ‘How Blockchain is being applied to Supply Chains’ will take place on Wednesday 27th May. Other webinars include;
- The Practical and Realistic Use of Printing for Manufacture, 3rd June
- The Future of Work: Remote Working, 10th June
- How to build a business dashboard in 30 mins, 17th June
- Beginning the new product design process: Design for manufacture, 24th June
- Introduction to Machine Learning for SMEs, 1st July
Register here to attend any of these webinars
Belfast City Council offers free online support for businesses
Belfast City Council’s Economic Development unit are still providing free advice, mentoring and signposting for small businesses and entrepreneurs. Register with www.belfastcity.gov.uk/businessadvice so that they can identify what support you need and put in place a range of mentoring and advice.
Visit their business information page to find out more by clicking here.
Belfast City Council have developed a series of videos to help support you including embracing coping strategies, cultivating leadership networks, considering realistic business options and making firm decisions about the way forward. These videos can be found on www.belfastcity.gov.uk/businesswebinars
Upcoming webinars and information sessions include;
- Building a new business strategy for the mid term, 28th May
- Purposeful marketing for the here and now, 28th May
- Getting to grips with your workload, 28th May
- Planning for cash flow in the current climate (webinar 2), 28th May
- Keeping customers engaged with captivating content, 4th June
- Using Facebook ads to reach new customers, 11th June
- Reach more customers with Google ads, 18th June
- Making your website work, 25th June
To view more details on these upcoming webinars please visit their business events page by clicking here.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) in partnership with the Newable, Enterprise Europe Network and JP Morgan, would like to introduce the newly launched SME Coronavirus (COVID-19) webinar series.
The extensive series of 20 free webinars is designed to support UK businesses to get help, protect their business and save jobs.
Register now to join expert presenters on topics including accessing government loans, grants and schemes to addressing HR, supply chain or employee challenges. Upcoming webinars include;
- Digital transformation : Drive your sales online, 29th May
- The evolution of global markets and consumer trends, 2nd June
- Moving your business into the virtual world, 3rd June
- Harness the power of social media in times of crisis, 4th June
- Tactics for successful stakeholder negotiation, 9th June
Click here to register and view a full list of their upcoming webinars.
Tourism NI webinars
Tourism NI have co-ordinated a series of tailored Tourism Enterprise Development (TED) webinars designed specifically for the N.I tourism and hospitality industry at this difficult time. These include;
- Managing digital content through the COVID 19 crisis (4th June, 2pm)
- CRM database management through the COVID 19 crisis (9th June, 2pm)
To view more details and register please click here
Google Digital Garage – Online training webinars
Google Digital Garage are offering free training delivered by expert trainers. The free 60 minute webinars will run everyday, Monday-Friday covering a selection of courses aimed at helping individuals and small businesses. The current course list on offer is below and more courses will be available soon:
- Build a CV & Write a Cover Letter
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Build your Personal Brand Online
- Started with Digital Advertising
- Get your Business Visible on Google
- Social Media Strategy
- Writing for Social Media
For more information and to register attendance click here.
HMRC is hosting live webinars on the COVID-19 Job Retention Scheme with slots still available.
The government is committed to doing whatever it takes to support businesses and individuals through the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19). The Chancellor has announced new measures to support people, employers and businesses through this period of disruption.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Job Retention Scheme
The webinar will look at:
- furloughed workers
- who can apply for the scheme
- following the rules of the scheme
- how much may be claimed
- how to claim and what you’ll need to claim.