16th October 2020
The Localised Restrictions Support Scheme provides financial support to businesses which have been required to close or have had business activities at their premises directly curtailed by health protection restrictions that have been put in place by the NI Executive
Applications will open for all Council areas on Monday 19th October 2020.
The scheme is only open to businesses which have been required to close or have had business activities at their premises directly curtailed by the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No.2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020.
Under the scheme businesses will receive the following amounts for every two weeks they are closed:
- Small businesses (not exceeding £15k Net Annual Value) – £1,600
- Medium businesses (over £15k Net Annual Value and not exceeding £51k Net Annual Value) – £2,400
- Large businesses (over £51k Net Annual Value) – £3,200
The Scheme that will apply to businesses, subject to eligibility criteria, includes:
- Cafes, pubs and restaurants that have been temporarily forced to close or limit their services to a takeaway service instead;
- Hotels and guest houses;
- Close contact services using commercial premises such as hairdressers and barbers, beauty salons, day spas, nail bars and tattoo parlours forced to close; and;
- Other businesses which, under the Health Protection Regulations are required to cease to carry on that business or to provide that service, include cinemas, museums, galleries, trampoline parks, inflatable parks, escape rooms, bowling alleys and ice rinks.
If you operate from more than one eligible premises, you may apply for support in respect of each one. You must complete a separate online application for each separate premises that you consider may be eligible for support.
Further information about this scheme is available in the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme Guidance . You should read this guidance to check eligibility before you apply.
You can apply online here.