8th July 2020
CHANCELLOR OUTLINES A 'PLAN FOR JOBS' IN SUMMER STATEMENT
Chancellor of Exchequer, Rishi Sunak today has announced a ‘Plan for Jobs’ in his Summer Statement, that will encourage the UK’s recovery from the Coronavirus outbreak.
The Chancellor of the Exchequer has outlined a ‘Plan for Jobs’ today which includes:
- A Jobs Retention Bonus: £1,000 to businesses who bring back employees from furlough
- A Stamp Duty tax break
- A six-month cut in VAT from 20% to 5% for the hospitality and tourism sectors
- An Eat out to Help Out Scheme: Every Monday-Wednesday in August, customers can enjoy up to £10 off meals and non-alcoholic drinks per person in eligible cafes, pubs and restaurants
- A Kickstart Job Scheme to help 16-24 year old’s get into work
- New payments for businesses hiring apprentices
Further information on the Chancellor’s statement and Plan can be found here.