23rd July 2020

Register your Establishment for the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme

Find out how to register your restaurant or establishment for the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme

You can use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme to offer a discount to diners and encourage them to eat at your establishment.

You can use the Eat Out to Help Out Scheme:

    • all day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020
    • to offer a 50 per cent discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in
    • to claim the money back from the government

There is no limit to the number of times customers can use the offer during the period of the scheme. Your customers cannot get a discount for someone who is not eating or drinking.

Alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.

Registration will close on 31 August 2020.


You can register if your establishment:

    • sells food for immediate consumption on the premises
    • provides its own dining area or shares a dining area with another establishment for eat-in meals
    • was registered as a food business with the relevant local council on or before 7 July 2020

You cannot register:

    • an establishment that only offers takeaway food or drink
    • catering services for private functions
    • a hotel that provides room service only
    • dining services (such as packaged dinner cruises)
    • mobile food vans or trailers

If your application is based on dishonest or inaccurate information, your registration will be revoked.


To register, you must have:

    • your Government Gateway ID and password for your business  (if you do not have one, you can create one when you register)
    • the name and address of each establishment to be registered, unless you are registering more than 25
    • the UK bank account number and sort code for the business (only provide bank account details where a BACS payment can be accepted)
    • the address on your bank account for the business (this is the address on your bank statements)

You may also need your:

    • VAT registration number (if applicable)
    • employer PAYE scheme reference number (if applicable)
    • Corporation Tax or Self Assessment unique taxpayer reference

If you are registering 25 establishments or less, you must provide the details of each.


If you’re registering more than 25 establishments that are part of the same business, you do not have to provide details for each one.

You should provide a link to a website which contains details of each establishment participating in the scheme including the trading name and address.

You may also need to provide a list to HMRC on request, with details of all participating establishments.

Further information on the Scheme can be found here.