8th January 2021
The Minister for the Economy has reopened the Covid Restrictions Business Support Scheme to support those businesses directly impacted by the Health Protection Regulations
Businesses forced to close or severely limit their operations as a result of the increased Health Protection Regulations, can apply to the scheme, if they meet the eligibility criteria.
If you missed applying before the scheme previously closed you can now apply. If your application is successful, any grant payment will be backdated to the date your business was required to close or cease trading as a result of the Health Protection Regulations.
Note: If you have already applied for Covid Restrictions Business Support Scheme: Part A, you do not need to make another application. Additional support payments will automatically be issued to successful applicants for the period that the restrictions apply up to Friday 5 February 2021.
Businesses that operate from business premises should check their eligibility to apply for the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme.
The Covid Restrictions Business Support Scheme is administered by Invest NI on behalf of the Department for the Economy (DfE).
What is available
The Covid Restrictions Business Support Scheme (CRBSS) will operate in two parts.
- Part A – A business that is required to close or cease trading under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No.2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 but is not eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Scheme.
- Part B – A business which has not been forced to close, but is part of the direct supply chain to a business that is forced to close/cease trading under the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No.2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020, and as a result it has been severely impacted.
Eligible businesses will receive a grant equivalent to £600 for each week the initial Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No.2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 are in place.
Successful applicants to Part A of the CRBSS will automatically receive an additional payment to cover the extended period of restrictions while they are required to stay closed. There is no need to reapply for this additional payment.
Who is eligible
CRBSS Part A is open to any business that can meet the following criteria:
- A business named within the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No.2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 as required to close/cease trading, but is not eligible for the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme. Examples of this might include a business that delivers its product or service on a mobile basis or operates from their home, or their customers’ homes, for example, a driving instructor or mobile hairdresser or beautician.
- A business operating in Northern Ireland and was trading at the time the restrictions came into effect on 16 October 2020.
- The income lost as a result of your business having to close or cease trading is your main source of income (ie accounts for more than 50% of your income).
Find out more: www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk