PSNI City Centre Beat initiative
You said: “Visitors should feel safe, secure and relaxed in Belfast.”
We take what you say on board, and as part of our Enhance strategy we will be investing some £1.5million over 5 years into making the City Centre safer, accessible and more attractive.
The PSNI City Centre Beat is a PSNI team dedicated to the businesses within Belfast’s City Centre. Belfast One is the majority and lead funder of the City Centre Beat initiative on behalf of our levy payers. Belfast Chamber of Trade and Commerce remain a key stakeholder and the project is managed by Belfast City Centre Management.
The officers focus on issues such as:
– Contributing to the coordinated approach, managing the vulnerable and those with chronic social needs.
– Challenging all forms of anti-social behaviour.
– Monitoring the flow of traffic around the city centre.
– Eradicating illegal street trading.
– Addressing other important issues such as criminal damage.
By funding the City Centre Beat initiative, Belfast One is making a significant and tangible contribution to improving the trading environment and perceptions of safety in our City Centre on behalf of the Business Improvement District (BID) levy payers. Since 2005 the City Centre Beat has engaged on over 18,149 occasions with businesses and retailers.
Businesses within Belfast One can contact the police officers by a direct mobile number: 07795 607 576.