About the Role
We are seeking to recruit a Marketing and Communications Assistant to assist in the delivery of marketing and advertising campaigns to make Belfast the number one destination in Northern Ireland for shopping, eating out and socialising; and to strengthen stakeholder engagement within the Belfast One area.
If you would like to apply please submit a covering letter, detailing how you meet the criteria, and a CV to Clare Maguire at Clare@BelfastOne.co.uk by 12 noon on 6th June 2018.
*Applications not including a cover note will not be considered.*
- Gathering information and generating/updating content for BelfastOne.co.uk including; blogs, events, offers and business directory pages.
- Managing Belfast One social media accounts; creating dynamic and consistent content that increases audience interaction as well as driving traffic to the company website.
- Assisting with the creation, production and distribution of business communications including print newsletters and ecampaigns.
- Engagement with business stakeholders about Belfast One. This will involve building/maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and update business CRM system on a weekly basis.
- Build awareness of the Belfast One Brand and ensure all marketing and communications campaigns adhere to brand guidelines and house style.
- Support the Marketing Manager to deliver the ‘Promote’ aspect of the Belfast One BID Business Plan.
- Carry out research and formulate proposals for new project ideas.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in marketing/ communications.
o Proven experience of delivering successful marketing campaigns.
o Relevant experience of marketing/ communications, including evidence of proof reading and attention to detail.
o Experience of using and creating content in a business environment for social media platforms for e.g. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
o Experience of writing, generating ideas and updating content on websites.
- Demonstrable ability to work well in a team and use own initiative.
- The ability to use a wide range of IT packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Good organisation skills with the ability to plan and organise workload.
- Excellent communication (written, oral and electronic) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a confidential and professional approach in all areas of work.
- ‘Can do’ approach and positive attitude to problem solving.
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet business needs.
- A relevant degree in marketing communications or CIM qualification.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders.
This post will require candidates to be flexible and adaptable in approach and duties, in line with running a fledgling organisation and projects.